When one steps back with a big to do list and several events on their plate one has to know when to stop something and take a break. I'm so glad I did just that these past three weeks. My life has been a whirlwind of joyous moments and busy to dos. When I thought about returning today, I thought about not returning. Come on, vacations are good but I made a commitment and wanted to keep my word about joining my Slice of Life community today. When I thought about one slice for today, truly a small moment my mind raced with several. Sometimes writers make lists to capture seed ideas to pursue further. Sometimes these seed ideas turn into bigger pieces and sometimes they don't. I hope by sharing some of my small moments while I was away, we can catch up.
1. High School Graduation - teary eyed but didn't cry.
2. Middle School Graduation - cried.
3. Fifth Grade Graduation - didn't cry, oldest sat there elbowing me.
4. Cleaned and packed my room - I'm teaching second grade next year!
5. Spring cleaning - painted my fireplace mantel twice.
6. Family and friends came to help w/ grad party prep, thank goodness.
7. Softball games - double headers are long
8. Grad party took a lot of preparation and patience - I heard, Mom a lot
9. Absolutely beautiful - weather, setting, details, food, friends, family, and fun
10. Exhausted for a couple of days, getting back on summer track!
It's good to be back and maybe my list of ten needs one more -
11. I got an OSU Mom t-shirt from my daughter, before grad party, I cried.