Friday, December 13, 2013

Snow Day {Poetry Friday}



A gift of time

An internal
and 
external

sense of quiet calm

A stillness
guiding my soul

nourishing 
and letting go

Truly a gift 
that only
time can give



@Mandy Robek



A week ago today we were surprised with a snow day that shut down every school in the area.  I can't remember the last time we had a snow day in December.  It was such a wonderful surprise.  I find snow days are truly a day to enjoy and be present with what comes our way.  

Poetry Friday is being hosted by Tabatha at The Opposite of Indifference, thank you.

5 comments:

  1. My birthday turned out to be a snow day this year! I thought that was a great can't-plan-for-it present :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to an appreciated surprise. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that's what I want for Christmas! Lovely poem, Mandy-- thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete